17 Mar COVID-19 Precautionary Measures
Covid- 19 Precautionary Measures at Forks Community Hospital
Forks Community Hospital is proactive in ensuring the safety of our Long Term Care residents, patients, and staff. As such, some COVID-19 precautionary measures have been put into place.
- As a COVID-19 precautionary measure, no visitors or any person other than necessary hospital staff will be allowed into the Long Term Care facility beginning Thursday, March 12, 2020. Skype is available for residents to stay in contact with their families. Call (360) 374- 6271 extension 110 to schedule Skype sessions.
- Every person must visit the drive up Centeral Check-in Station to be cleared prior to entering Clallam County Public Hospital District #1. For full details visit https://www.forkshospital.org/central-check-in-station/
- No visitors are allowed at Forks Community Hospital Facilities. This includes Forks Community Hospital, Bogachiel Medical Clinic, Forks Family Medical Clinic, Clallam Bay Medical Clinic, Physical Therapy, Hospital Administration, Patient Financial Services, West End Outreach Services, and Physical Therapy. Persons conducting non-clinical business are encouraged to use phone and email whenever available. Parents may accompany their minor children when their child is the patient.
- The Spoons Café will temporarily be discontinuing service to the general public beginning Wednesday, March 11, 2020, until further notice. Senior Nutrition Program meals will still be made available. Community members requesting membership meal(s) must call in their membership meal orders ½ hour before the requested meal pick up time at (360) 327-8315. There will be a call-button next to the Bogachiel Way entrance to allow for Senior Meal curbside pickup.
- We are asking the community to partner with us by becoming self-selective when going out into the community or choosing to enter Forks Community Hospital, Patient Financial Services, Administration, Forks Family Medical Clinic, Bogachiel Medical Clinic, Clallam Bay Medical Clinic, West End Outreach Services, and Hope Center. If you have symptoms of fever, cough, or shortness of breath and believe you have been in close, prolonged contact with someone who has or is suspected of having Coronavirus, please choose to call (360)374-6271 extension 158 before traveling out into the community or to a hospital or clinic. Unless, of course, you are having an emergency. If you have a medical emergency, dial 911 or go to the E.R. doors and ring the buzzer, and the E.R. nurse will triage you. We continue to be here to serve your emergency needs.
- Bogachiel Clinic will no longer be open on Saturdays.
- If you have symptoms (fever, cough, shortness of breath) and have recently traveled to a known area of Coronavirus outbreak, we ask that you choose to,
- Call Department of Health 1-800-525-0127
- Call your local health care provider
- Call Forks Hospital at 360-374-6271 ext. 158 for further direction
We apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding. By taking care to stay home during illness (when possible), we can work together to minimize potential exposure. Questions regarding the listed processes can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. No private health information, please.
March 17, 2020
Disclaimer: This Column is not intended as a diagnosis or recommended treatment of a specific condition. Answers are not a replacement for an individual medical evaluation. Individual health concerns should be evaluated by a licensed clinician.
COVID-19 Symptoms English COVID-19 Symptoms Spanish