FORKS COMMUNITY HOSPITAL
BOARD OF COMMISSIONERS
May 26, 2015
Present: Commissioners Daisy Anderson, Gerry Lane, Don Lawley, David Selman (CEO), Tim Cournyer (CFO), Laura Kripinski, CNO & Gary Harmon, MD
Guests: Sarah Huling, Pam Brown & Cindy Paget
The meeting was called to order at 5:00 pm by Don Lawley.
Additional Agenda Items:
Pam Brown gave a WEOS update.
· WEOS had their Washington State Review which they passed and had minimal findings. One area of concern is with physicians prescribing which is happening all over the state due to a shortage of psychiatrists.
Community Communications: David presented the District Community Communications submitted to the Forks Forum.
Medical Staff: Medical Staff Committee Minutes from May 13, 2015 were reviewed.
ACTION: It was moved, seconded and passed to approve the Medical Staff meeting minutes.
Medical Staff Privileges: Reviewed request for privileges as presented for Kirk Cole, MD and Peter Merrill, RN.
ACTION: It was moved, seconded and passed to approve re-appointment of privileges for Kirk Cole, MD.
ACTION: It was moved, seconded and passed to approve re-appointment of privileges for Peter Merrill, RN.
Provider Recruiting: David Selman updated the board on provider recruitment.
· David presented the Merritt Hawkins mailers being sent out to thousands of Washington licensed physicians.
· In addition, Cindy Paget has an extensive background with provider recruiting.
Performance/Quality Improvement: Meeting Minutes from April 20th, 2015 were reviewed.
ACTION: It was moved, seconded and passed to approve the PIC meeting minutes.
Minutes: Board of Commissioner’s Meeting Minutes for April 28, 2015 were reviewed.
ACTION: It was moved, seconded and passed to approve the Board of Commissioners Meeting Minutes for April 28, 2015.
· Managers Forum Meeting minutes from May 5th, 2015 were reviewed.
· Safety Committee Meeting Minutes from April 21, 2015 were reviewed.
ACTION: It was moved, seconded and passed to approve the April 2015 General A/P vouchers numbered 085046 through 085473 in the amount of $1,291,982.24 and the General P/R vouchers numbered 542608 through 542711 in the amount of $90,710.25.
ACTION: It was moved, seconded and passed to approve the Write Offs for May 2015 in the amount of $140,328.67.
David Selman submitted report topics to include:
· David welcomed Laura Kripinski, Chief Nursing Officer.
· David welcomed Cindy Paget, Chief Human Resources Officer.
· Hosted a meet and greet for Cindy today and had root beer floats for employees.
· Received a donation from West Jefferson Hospital District. $20,000 was donated for a new EKG machine for the hospital. The old EKG machine will go to the Bogachiel Clinic. $7,000 was donated for the Ambulance to purchase new radios and uniforms. Hand written thank you cards will be sent to their board.
· The Clinic EHR is still scheduled to go live on June 1st.
· Tina Shoemaker, from Washington Rural Health Collaborative, will be at the hospital on May 27th, to do a Hospital Quality Assessment.
· National Hospital Week was May 17th – May 23rd and we held an employee BBQ. We had a great turn out and everyone enjoyed it.
· Working on a Carelink contract with Swedish Medical Center which will allow our physicians to have read only access to Swedish’ s EHR of the patients our physicians transfer to Swedish. Also, working with Swedish on Tele-health with tele-EEG’s being our initial project. We currently don’t provide that service.
· WIPFLI our Cost Report preparer, will be doing a full charge master review.
Finance: Tim Cournyer presented the March 2015 financial report, which was reviewed and
· March was a good patient volumes month which provided solid financials.
· Acute, Outpatient and Clinic revenue were all above budget. ER was below budget.
· Property taxes revenues are starting to come in.
Capital Equipment requests for purchase of new EKG Machine and new bedside tables for acute were presented.
ACTION: It was moved, seconded and passed to approve the purchase of new EKG Machine not to exceed $28,000.
ACTION: It was moved, seconded and passed to approve new bedside tables for acute not to exceed $7,000.
Additional Agenda Items:
Executive Session: Time In: 5:45pm Time out: 6:03pm
With no further business, the meeting was adjourned at 6:03 pm.
The next Board of Commissioners meeting is scheduled for June 30, 2015 at 5:00pm.
Minutes recorded by Laci Johnson, Executive Specialist.
Don Lawley, Secretary