FORKS COMMUNITY HOSPITAL
BOARD OF COMMISSIONERS
March 24, 2015
Present: Commissioners Daisy Anderson, Gerry Lane, Don Lawley, David Selman (CEO), Tim Cournyer (CFO), Melene Bourm, Interim CNO & Gary Harmon, MD
Guests: Sarah Huling, Pam Brown, Debbie Perkins, Kirk Cole, MD, Jim and Jackie Bleck
The meeting was called to order at 5:00 pm by Daisy Anderson.
Additional Agenda Items:
· Jim and Jackie Bleck expressed their concerns with FCH cardiac patients being transferred to Harrison Medical Center rather than Olympic Medical Center.
Dr. Harmon answered; Olympic Medical Center does not have a Cardiovascular Unit. Harrison Medical Center is the closest facility to send cardiac patients.
Community Communications: David presented the March Health Awareness Month initiatives.
Medical Staff: Medical Staff Committee Minutes from March 11, 2015 were reviewed.
ACTION: It was moved, seconded and passed to approve the Medical Staff meeting minutes.
Medical Staff Privileges: None
Provider Recruiting: David Selman updated the board on provider recruitment.
· Dr. Dickson has decided to stay in the Clinic until September.
· Dr. Aurich will be relocating to Washington and is interested in an employed position. He may work a few Clinic days and one ER shift a week. He will be here in October.
· Recruiting for an Internal Medicine and FP/OB.
Performance/Quality Improvement: Meeting Minutes from January 26th, 2015 were reviewed.
ACTION: It was moved, seconded and passed to approve the PIC meeting minutes.
Minutes: Board of Commissioner’s Meeting Minutes for February 24th, 2015 were reviewed.
ACTION: It was moved, seconded and passed to approve the Board of Commissioners Meeting Minutes for February 24th, 2015.
· Safety Committee Meeting minutes from February 17th, 2015 were reviewed.
ACTION: It was moved, seconded and passed to approve the Write Offs for March 2015 in the amount of $147,511.42.
David Selman submitted report topics to include:
David welcomed Tim Cournyer, CFO.
· Laura Kripinski accepted the CNO position and she starts May 4th. We will be having an ice cream social on her first day at 2:00pm.
· Cindy Paget, HR Director Candidate has an onsite interview on March 30th.
· The April awareness months we will be promoting are Alcohol Awareness Month with West End Outreach Services, Occupational Therapy Month with Skye Eastman from Physical Therapy and Foot Health Awareness Month with our Podiatrist, Dr. Pederson and Gordon Oakes from Physical Therapy. April 19-25 is National Medical Laboratory Professionals week so we will be recognizing the Lab employees that week.
· Monday, March 30th is National Doctors Day which we will be hosting a lunch from 11:30am-1:30pm for all our Doctors.
· Dr. Hillman is retiring March 25th and we will be having a surprise retirement party for him at 2pm.
Finance: Tim Cournyer presented the January 2015 financial report, which was reviewed and
· January was a good month for the Hospital.
· Revenue deductions were $75,000 below budget.
· Total revenue was $78,000 above budget.
Tim plans on presenting the February and March finances at the April Board of Commissioners meeting.
Additional Agenda Items:
Board Calendar: The June Board of Commissioners has been moved from June 23rd to June 30th due to the Washington State Hospital Association Annual Rural Hospital Conference.
Executive Session: Time In: 5:30pm Time out: 5:45pm
With no further business, the meeting was adjourned at 5:45 pm.
The next Board of Commissioners meeting is scheduled for April 28, 2015 at 5:00pm.
Minutes recorded by Laci Johnson, Executive Specialist.
Don Lawley, Secretary