FORKS COMMUNITY HOSPITAL
BOARD OF COMMISSIONERS
February 24, 2015
Present: Commissioners Daisy Anderson, Gerry Lane, Don Lawley, David Selman (CEO), Jim Chaney (CFO), Melene Bourm, Interim CNO & Gary Harmon, MD
Guests: Starla Daman, Sarah Huling, Pam Brown, Debbie Perkins, Kirk Cole, MD, Mark Soderlind, Bill Peach and Janet Hughes
The meeting was called to order at 5:00 pm by Daisy Anderson.
Additional Agenda Items:
· Starla Daman presented an update on our collections Agency.
· Mark Soderlind, Bill Peach and Janet Hughes gave a Committee Advisory Committees Update.
· The Commissioners asked the committee to determine what projects or initiative they would like to campaign outside of hospital operations.
Community Communications: David presented the February Health Awareness Months initiatives. Laci Johnson has been working with Christi Baron from the Forks Forum to promote Hospital Services during the awareness months.
Community Advisory Committee: January meeting cancelled due to illness.
Medical Staff: Medical Staff Committee Minutes from February 11, 2015 were reviewed.
ACTION: It was moved, seconded and passed to approve the Medical Staff meeting minutes.
Medical Staff Privileges: Reviewed request for privileges as presented for Jakdej Nikomborirak, MD.
ACTION: It was moved, seconded and passed to approve re-appointment of privileges for Jakdej Nikomborirak, MD.
Performance/Quality Improvement: February Meeting cancelled due to Presidents Day.
Minutes: Board of Commissioner’s Meeting Minutes for January 27th, 2015 were reviewed.
ACTION: It was moved, seconded and passed to approve the Board of Commissioners Meeting Minutes for January 27th, 2015.
· Safety Committee Meeting minutes from January 20th, 2015 were reviewed.
ACTION: It was moved, seconded and passed to approve the January 2015 General A/P vouchers numbered 084097 through 084496 in the amount of $1,451,226.79 and the General P/R vouchers numbered 542221 through 542387 in the amount of $158,586.23.
ACTION: It was moved, seconded and passed to approve the Write Offs for February 2015 in the amount of $130,377.33.
David Selman submitted report topics to include:
· Dr. Dickson will be staying on as a hospitalist.
· Dr. Hillman announced his retirement the end of March.
· David, Dr. Harmon & Laci met with Donna West to discuss restructuring the Allied Health Professionals monthly meetings.
· Dr. Timmerman accepted another offer.
· Melene Bourm is the interim CNO.
· Dr. Tinker has agreed to help read our EKG and Holter monitors while Dr. Shima is out.
· Tim Cournyer is our new CFO. He starts Monday, March 2nd. Jim Chaney is retiring on February 27th, but, will be staying on per diem for a couple weeks to help Tim get settled.
· Forks Family Fair is May 9th. District wide participation will be expanded this year.
· Tracy Gillett was promoted to HR Generalist.
· Recruitment for an HR Director continues.
· FCH is participating in the Forks High School career fair. We would like to include clinical and non-clinical departments.
· Dietary workers appreciation week was in February and David, Jim, Andrea and Laci put together a dinner at Pacific Pizza and served the dietician staff.
· There was a complaint filed with Peninsula Regional Support Network regarding the housing grant. The PRSN audited WEOS and had no adverse findings.
· David is working with Clint and Craig Miller about donating our Ford Contour to the Quillayute Valley Scholarship Auction.
· A new Eligibility / Prior-Authorization Specialist position was created and Cindy Archer from Medical Records took the position.
· Accounting, Tim Cournyer (new CFO) and Cindy Archer will be moving over to the Billing office building.
· Eventually using the Administration building as housing for female locums providers.
Finance: January Financial report was not available and will be emailed when complete.
Additional Agenda Items:
· Daisy Anderson presented a plaque to Jim Chaney thanking him for his years of service to the Hospital.
· Don and Gerry thanked Tracy and Laci for the 2014 Awards Banquet which had a great turnout.
Executive Session: Time In: 5:51pm Time out: 6:15pm
With no further business, the meeting was adjourned at 6:15 pm.
The next Board of Commissioners meeting is scheduled for March 24, 2015 at 5:00pm.
Minutes recorded by Laci Johnson, Executive Specialist.
Don Lawley, Secretary