FORKS COMMUNITY HOSPITAL
BOARD OF COMMISSIONERS
March 26th, 2013
Present: Commissioners Daisy Anderson, Gerry Lane, Don Lawley, Bill McMillan (CEO), Jim Chaney (CFO/COO), Heidi Anderson (CNO), Dr. Harmon (Chief of Staff), Dr. Cole (Vice Chief of Staff)
The meeting was called to order at 5:05pm by Daisy Anderson
Community Advisory Board: Reviewed minutes from March 19th, 2013 meeting.
Medical Staff: Medical Staff Committee Minutes from March 13th, 2013 were reviewed.
ACTION: It was moved, seconded and passed to approve the Medical Staff meeting minutes.
Medical Staff Privileges: None
Performance/Quality Improvement: Meeting Minutes from January 21st, 2013 and February 25th, 2013 were reviewed.
ACTION: It was moved, seconded and passed to approve the January 21st, 2013 and February 25th, 2013 PIC meeting minutes.
Minutes: Board of Commissioners meeting Minutes from February 26th, 2013 were reviewed.
ACTION: It was moved, seconded and passed to approve the Board of Commissioners Meeting Minutes for February 26th, 2013 with one correction.
· Managers Forum minutes from March 5th, 2013 were reviewed
· OB Committee Meeting minutes from January 17th, 2013 were reviewed
ACTION: It was moved, seconded and passed to approve the February 2013 General A/P vouchers numbered 075095 through 075563 in the amount of $984,236.38 and the General P/R vouchers numbered 539396 through 539506 in the amount of $86,236.16.
· Reviewed the Accounts set up with the loan program from 2012 and 2013. The board was very happy with how much progress we have made.
ACTION: It was moved, seconded and passed to approve the Write Offs for March 2013 in the amount of $75,703.22.
Bill McMillan submitted report topics to include:
· Interim Director Hal Cutting is making good progress.
· We are focusing on frequent users.
· It was established that we need a Care Manager position and Heidi wrote up the job description.
SLBM All Staff Meeting-
· Had the first all staff meeting with a turnout of 60 employees attending.
· Dr. Emily Miller came for an onsite visit last week and accepted to offer to come practice in Forks.
· Jonas Merrill, PA-C will begin practice in the beginning of April.
· The HIE grant is almost complete.
· Reference Labs-Looking at WWRHCC group request for proposal to have a major reference help in lab provided services to all of the interested hospitals.
· Bill is planning on reviewing our higher cost services to make them more competitive.
· We have a promising Cardio Respiratory Therapist candidate and plan to have a group interview Saturday April 6th.
· Our plans with expanded Cardiology and Respiratory Therapy services will generate additional revenue.
· We are trying to fix the constant issues. The new upgrade includes a different provider for hosting the support services.
· Bill had a meeting with our two CRNA’s about expanding Anesthia services for our patients.
· Brian announced he will not renewing his CRNA contract.
Jim Chaney presented the February 2013 finance report, which was reviewed and
· Surgical volumes were up.
· The Tricare program which has been administered through Regence is moving to United Healthcare effective April 1st.
· We are receiving a refund from Key Government Finance for money which had been held in escrow until the PACS lease was paid in full.
Two Capital Equipment Requests:
· Bedside computers, workstations and scanners as part of the Meditech upgrade for the Hospital.
ACTION: It was moved, seconded and passed to approve the new computers for the Meditech Meaningful Use upgrade not to exceed $95,000.
· New FCH Vehicle, Ford Escape to replace the 1999 Ford Contour.
ACTION: It was moved, seconded and passed to approve the new FCH vehicle not to exceed $28,000.
Additional Agenda Items:
With no further business, the meeting was adjourned at 6:00 pm.
The next Board of Commissioners meeting is scheduled for April 23rd, 2013 at 5:00pm.
Minutes recorded by Tracy Gillett, Executive Assistant
Gerry Lane, Secretary