FORKS COMMUNITY HOSPITAL
BOARD OF COMMISSIONERS
January 27, 2015
Present: Commissioners Daisy Anderson, Gerry Lane, Don Lawley, David Selman (CEO), Jim Chaney (CFO), Heidi Anderson CNO/COO, & Gary Harmon, MD
Guests: Sarah Huling, Pam Brown, Debbie Perkins & Kirk Cole, MD
The meeting was called to order at 5:02 pm by Daisy Anderson.
Community Communications: Reviewed articles from Washington State Hospital Association regarding Improving the Mental Health System and Ensuring Access to Health Services through Telemedicine.
· Gerry asked what is boarding. Pam Brown answered, boarding is when a person is a danger to themselves or others and there are no psychiatric hospital beds available. The patient is held in acute care until a psychiatric bed is available.
· Gerry asked about reimbursement for Telemedicine and David the State of Washington has not developed a reimbursement metrology for telemedicine.
Community Advisory Committee: Meeting Minutes from December 9th, 2014 were reviewed.
· David presented a map displaying timber projects in Clallam County from the Department of Natural Resources.
· Sue Trettivick and Lisa Anderson from the Department of Natural Resources will be attending the next Community Advisory Committee and presenting Timber predictions for the next few years.
Medical Staff: Medical Staff Committee Minutes from January 14, 2015 were reviewed.
ACTION: It was moved, seconded and passed to approve the Medical Staff meeting minutes.
Medical Staff Privileges: Reviewed request for privileges as presented for Robert Craven, MD, Wade Austin-Getsfrid, MD & Anne Koomen, ARNP.
ACTION: It was moved, seconded and passed to approve re-appointment of privileges for Robert Craven, MD.
ACTION: It was moved, seconded and passed to approve re-appointment of privileges for Wade Austin-Getsfrid, MD.
ACTION: It was moved, seconded and passed to approve appointment of privileges for Anne Koomen, ARNP.
Provider Recruiting: David Selman updated the board on provider recruitment. Meghan Timmerman had an onsite interview on January 19th. Dr. Timmerman is interested in joining us and we extended an employment agreement.
· David is working on restructuring physician contracts to include incentives and metrics for patient satisfaction, quality measures and productivity.
Performance/Quality Improvement: Meeting Minutes from December 15th, 2014 were reviewed.
ACTION: It was moved, seconded and passed to approve the PIC meeting minutes.
Minutes: Board of Commissioner’s Meeting Minutes for December 23rd, 2014 were reviewed.
ACTION: It was moved, seconded and passed to approve the Board of Commissioners Meeting Minutes for November 25th, 2014.
· Managers Forum Meeting Minutes from January 6, 2015 were reviewed.
· OB Committee Meeting Minutes from November 14th, 2014 were reviewed.
· Safety Committee Meeting minutes from December 16th, 2014 were reviewed.
ACTION: It was moved, seconded and passed to approve the December 2014 General A/P vouchers numbered 083741 through 084096 in the amount of $896,417.38 and the General P/R vouchers numbered 542106 through 542220 in the amount of $95,493.23.
ACTION: It was moved, seconded and passed to approve the Write Offs for January 2015 in the amount of $47,033.67.
David Selman submitted report topics to include:
· Dr. Dickson submitted his resignation effective May 31st, 2015. He would like to stay on as a Hospitalist to assist us with ER call and inpatient care.
· Dr. Timmerman is also interested in geriatrics.
§ Don asked if Dr. Timmerman can be a preceptor for the mid-levels. David answered it would be her choice.
· Pursuant to chair Board Daisy Anderson’s request David presented the Equipment and Facility list from Clint Wood regarding the priority level and life span of equipment that needs replaced overtime.
· Angela Wazzerug, CFO candidate, did not accept our offer.
· Looking at using a virtual Human Resources Director with Jefferson Healthcare. Still recruiting for a HR Director but, the candidates who applied have had no Hospital experience and very little healthcare experience.
· Bryan Foster, our Pharmacy Director resigned. We have a locums starting Tuesday, February 3rd.
· EMS levy is on the ballot for February 10th. Clint has EMS signs available.
· Working on provider evaluation forms. We received an excellent template from another hospital. Provider contracts contain language for periodic evaluations.
· Budget meetings are going well with Manages and potential cost savings are being identified.
Finance: Jim Chaney presented the December 2014 financial report, which was reviewed and
· Received two Medicaid Cost Report Settlements.
· Received pro share monies for nursing home.
· Revenue up $340,000 from November.
· December activity was up in the Clinic and ER.
· Days in cash went from 65 to 85 with the Medicaid Cost Report Settlements.
· Net A/R days dropped from 40 to 30 days.
Planning: The board would like a strategic planning session which will be decided at the February Board of Commissioners Meeting.
Additional Agenda Items:
· Election of Officers: A motion was made as follows for officers: Daisy Anderson will continue as Chair, Don Lawley continues as Secretary and Gerry Lane continue as Commissioner. Committee assignments for 2015 will stay the same.
ACTION: It was moved, seconded and passed to approve Daisy Anderson as
Chair, Don Lawley as Secretary and Gerry Lane as Commissioner.
· The Environment for Care Committee 2014 Annual Report was reviewed.
Executive Session: Time In: 6:00pm Time out: 6:30pm
With no further business, the meeting was adjourned at 6:30 pm.
The next Board of Commissioners meeting is scheduled for February 24, 2015 at 5:00pm.
Minutes recorded by Laci Johnson, Executive Specialist.
Don Lawley, Secretary